We believe in centralizing all business data and logic in an organization. EMGrantsPro and MB3 help to make this happen.
A typical EM department has information scattered in many places - from filing cabinets scattered across offices, to Excel spreadsheets on multiple computers. We believe in gathering all of this information in one single location so that everything you need for managing grants can be done online. Here's what we help you transfer to the system:
- Spreadsheets - You probably have Excel spreadsheets to track grants, Applicants, projects, payments, and many other things. You are probably also aware of the limitations of this approach, since there is only one master copy on someone's computer, plus compilation reports are painfully manual. The data in these spreadsheets becomes the foundation behind the EMGrantsPro database, making the spreadsheets obsolete.
- Documents - Documents related to the grant process are sometimes electronically stored on hard drives, or even worse, papers in filing cabinets or on desks. Every document should be scanned into an electronic format (such as PDF) and filed in EMGrantsPro. A project photo, for example, should be uploaded directly to that project for quick retrieval.
- Reports - Similar to spreadsheets, reports are manual creations that require a lot of work to maintain. Most reports require cross-referencing multiple sources of information and by the time it is all compiled, the report is out-of-date from the latest data. These report templates, including Excel reports, that are floating around in various locations can be eliminated in favor of a single reporting engine in EMGrantsPro.
- Forms - The grant management process is filled with request forms that Applicants must complete. These forms, such as closeout requests or quarterly reports, are usually received in paper format to then be at least partially data-entered into spreadsheets. EMGrantsPro has all common forms built-in and open to be customized as necessary.
- Notes - Notes on things like project issues or quarterly report submissions are usually only discussions or mental notes, not stored anywhere for future retrieval. As well, when staff meet regarding a specific topic or possibly with Applicant contacts, the minutes are stored on a piece of paper or typed on someone's computer at best. EMGrantsPro allows notes to be on almost anything in the system, and not just written, but discussed. Scheduled meetings and the resulting minutes can also be filed so that all parties have access and all staff are aware of the results.
- Knowledgebase - The human capital involved in running an organization is often treated as a given until key personnel leave. For example, knowledge of process, how to make certain reviews, or what to do with certain pieces of information is often not documented, leaving organizations in a vulnerable position. EMGrantsPro takes this information in several ways including integrated Standard Operating Procedure documentation, knowledgebase resources, and more.
- Workflow - The workflow within most organizations revolves around the person who receives a task knowing what the next step should be. These workflow processes should not just be documented, but automated in order to streamline the process. For example, when a project extension request is submitted, if three people need to review, this exact process can be established in EMGrantsPro.
There are endless benefits to using EMGrantsPro to centralize all business logic and information from your organization.
Centralizing everything related to EM grant management in EMGrantsPro leads to several significant benefits. Here are a few:
- Always latest information - When looking up information in the system, you'll always have the most up-to-date, current version, since all staff are working in the same place.
- Shared access - You will no longer have a problem finding a file that someone else has on their desk since you both can access the same thing at the same time. Applicants don't even have to call to check payment status since they have access to the same information.
- Real-time, instant reporting - Since EMGrantsPro has all data related to the grants you are managing, this data can instantly be drawn upon in reports. These reports are also in real-time, meaning you'll get data as of that exact second.
- SOP enforcement - Centralization with EMGrantsPro not only improves the process of getting information, but helps to control how you work with this information, with your Standard Operating Procedure in mind for consistent results.
- Reduced dependence on any one person - With integrated SOP, knowledgebase resources and other methods, combined with all business being done in one spot, there is far less reliance on any one person.
- Access is controlled - When all information comes from a single location, the level of access to this information can be easily controlled. Some staff may need access to view only select Applicants, for example, while others may need access to review payments for all Applicants.
- Remote access - The gateway to your organizations data is available remotely, via a simple web browser, meaning you can access files or the status of a project on the road, among other benefits.
- Secure information - With EMGrantsPro, your data is safer than being scattered in many locations. The system is password-protected with several security features to ensure only authorized personnel have access.
- Constant Back-ups - You can rest knowing every piece of data and every document in your organization is backed up constantly. This is only possible since everything is stored in one spot (other than one of the backups, of course).
- Actions traceable - Since all information goes through the EMGrantsPro database, any action can be logged which significantly improves audit findings. For example, you will know who approved a specific project and exactly when, years after it happens.
Here are examples of what people with different roles can do within moments, all in one single location - EMGrantsPro:
- A State Recovery Manager could view a grant summary report to see the financial situation, examine flagged project issues, and check their Inbox to approve Payments.
- An Applicant could check the approval status of a fund request, submit a project closeout request, and update a quarterly report.
- A State Grants Manager could check an Applicant to see who talked to them last, look-up the amount they have been paid in the last month, email the primary contact, and then upload some documentation.
- A FEMA Manager could download a compilation report of all quarterly report submissions for a given quarter in Excel format.
- A State Finance Manager could see what projects have balances to be paid, add transactions for a payment, and report on what has been paid in the past week.
This is the power that comes from centralizing everything in EMGrantsPro. See the features page for more specific information.